When you get involved, you give part of yourself, your time, your energy and your skills. You give to your family and friends, to your neighbours and to your community.
There are many rewards to becoming an Association volunteer:
- Experience personal growth & learning
- Pursue professional development
- Create employment skills
- Have Fun
- Enjoy social interaction and build relationships
- Learn about your community
- Fulfill a sense of connection with a "cause"
- Be a part of positive change in your community
- Build personal empowerment and self-esteem
- Instill values of giving and caring
We are looking for committed volunteers interested in:
Contributing hours on as-needed basis
Helping with specific social events
Helping support specific portfolios
Becoming a street representative
We are currenlty looking to fill the following roles:
- Fundraising/Advertizing Sales Co-ordinator
- Volunteer co-ordinator
- Members for all sub-committees (events, Town Liaison, etc.)
- Street Reps for all streets in Bronte Creek.
A special note about Street Representatives: The effectiveness of an association is ultimately determined by the ability to communicate with residents. Street reps are the best avenue for disseminating important information to residents and with whom members can raise concerns. Specifically, street reps assist with our annual membership drive, help distribute periodic newsletters and updates, obtain opinions from neighbours on issues facing the community, and often lend a hand in community events. Street reps are a key element in our mission to be responsive to and proactive about our community’s concerns. Please consider volunteering.
The BCCRA will eventually comprise all of the following portfolios:
- Events and Activites – Plan and run events & community activities
- Development & Transportation – Development, Town services, and infrastructure issues; Local and nearby transportation and transit issues
- Schools - Education needs of our children and school issues in the Halton District School Board and the Halton District Catholic School Board
- Parks and Recreation – Improve the quality of our parks and the recreation opportunities in the community
- Environment & Greenspace: All environmental issues impacting our community
- Sponsorship & Membership – Obtain sponsorships for the association, obtain, manage and administer memberships
- Volunteering – Coordinate volunteer efforts, recruit new volunteers, develop ways to recognize volunteers.
- Street rep coordination – Point of contact for existing, new and potential street reps
- Fundraising – Identify ways to help increase funds available for community-improvement activities (such as fund raising drives, events or grants)
- Communications / Web Site – Develop and maintain the web site
- Secretary / Treasurer - Handle association finances & record and maintain official corporation documents
If you'd like to volunteer, please contact us.